Saturday, February 13, 2010

February 11 to 13. Delhi, India


My feelings about Delhi are so mixed. Right now all I need is to leave the city. It is not because I disliked Delhi but during these 3 days I got so tired of noise, dust, smog and people screaming. And also people peeing EVERYWHERE.
Fairy India for me started with Red Fort and Humayun’s Tomb. The architecture was such a pleasure for my eyes that are used to Soviet blocks. President’s House and Ministry of Finance are fabulous.



















Tomorrow morning we will head to Agra. Purchase of tickets was such a challenge! In brief, I can tell you that we managed to break through all the touts who were sending us to their own offices (the only Government approved!). The funny thing is that one guy sends you to the place X and the next one around the corner says that place X is fake and you need to go to place Y where you find your happiness expressed in railway tickets and nobody will fool you. If you ever need train tickets in Delhi, this is what you need to find:



The night before Agra we will spend in a guest house in the great and awful Pahar Ganj. Thanks to French guys whom we met at the street, we have found an acceptable room for 550 rupees.
Some pictures of Pahar Ganj (I wish the pictures could deliver the noise as well!)



  



No comments:

Post a Comment